We’re Fear Free Certified
Preventing Illness with Routine Pet Examsin Matthews, NC
At Austin Village Pet Hospital, your pet’s whole health and well-being are the cornerstones of our approach to health care. Since cats and dogs age faster than we do, your pet’s health can change rapidly within a year. With that in mind, annual pet exams become that much more important as we strive to establish your pet’s baseline health and then work to keep them healthy year after year.
Annual Vet Visits with a Gentle Touch
Our animal hospital is staffed with Fear Free Certified Professionals who know how to take the fear and anxiety out of vet visits. Every exam and procedure we perform is done with your pet’s comfort and emotional well-being in mind. We’ll use low-stress handling techniques, pheromone sprays, food motivation, and more to ensure your pet’s experience is free of fear and full of comforts.
Compassionate Veterinary Care
What to Expect at a Wellness Visit
Every wellness visit is tailored to your pet’s individual needs, yet there are some common services we’ll perform for all patients to get a comprehensive assessment of their health.
Some of the services you can expect at a wellness visit include:
- Physical exam, looking for abnormalities in the skin and coat, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth, and listening to the heart and lungs
- Weight check and body condition score
- Age-appropriate blood work to establish baseline health and screen for certain diseases including heartworm disease or tick-borne illnesses
- Fecal exam to check for intestinal parasites
- Nutritional counseling if your pet is under or overweight, or having gastrointestinal problems
- Behavioral counseling for dogs or cats with behavioral problems