Safety is Our Top Priority
Your pet’s health and safety are our top priorities with every service and procedure, and we take their comfort during surgery very seriously as well. Before any procedure, we’ll first assess your pet’s health with a pre-anesthetic exam and blood work. These assessments help us determine your pet’s ability to handle the anesthesia. Once their blood work is cleared, we can go ahead with the procedure, where more safety protocols will be performed:
- An IV catheter will be placed to supply your pet with fluids during the procedure, which helps to keep them hydrated and regulate their blood pressure.
- A trained technician will be monitoring your pet’s vitals on our advanced monitoring equipment from beginning to end.
- We’ll administer appropriate pain medication before, during, and after surgery to ensure your pet wakes with minimal soreness.
Pet Surgeries We Perform in Matthews, NC
Our veterinarians are skilled at performing a number of surgeries including:
- Spays and neuters
- Bladder stone removals
- Mass or tumor removals
- Foreign body removals
- Abdominal procedures
- Skin growth removals
- And more
For more complex procedures such as orthopedics, we work with a traveling veterinary surgeon who can visit our hospital as needed.
Tips for a Smooth Post-Op Recovery
After every surgery, we provide specific instructions for recovery based on your pet’s procedure and their individual needs. Yet for every surgery, the key is to keep them comfortable and prevent any overexertion.
Helpful tips for post-op recovery include:
- Prevent your pet from running and jumping for at least the first 10 days following surgery, but possibly longer depending on their procedure and rate of healing.
- Don’t let your pet take any baths or go swimming until their stitches have been removed.
- Outfit your pet in an e-collar or fitted t-shirt or onesie to prevent your pet from licking and scratching at their incision.
- Check your pet’s incision daily for redness, swelling, discharge, hardening, or odor.
- Contact us if you have any concerns or questions about your pet’s recovery at (704) 529-9777.