How to Get Started
- Getting set up to use our telemedicine services is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Download AirVet on your phone by visiting either the Apple app store or Google Play store.
- Create an account and add Austin Village Pet Hospital as your main hospital and Dr. Seagle as your main veterinarian.
- Complete your profile with your information and that of your pet’s.
And you’re ready to schedule a video vet visit! Once you request a video call with Dr. Seagle, we’ll set up a time for the call that works for both of you.
When is Veterinary Telemedicine Appropriate?
Video vet calls, while wildly convenient, do have their limitations. Your veterinarian can only assess so much about your pet over a video call, so it’s important to realize that not all situations are appropriate for telemedicine. If you think your pet is having an emergency, do not use the app, but call us immediately at (704) 529-9777.
Here are some situations where telemedicine is helpful:
- Follow-up appointment after surgery
- Check-in after starting a new treatment plan
- Skin conditions
- Minor symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or mild vomiting/diarrhea
- Gait issues
- Nutritional or behavioral concerns
- General health questions or concerns
Please note that our telemedicine services are offered to our existing clients and patients. If you are a new client, please contact us at (704) 529-9777 so we can get to know you better before using AirVet.